USE YOUR SENSES TO THE FULLEST WHEN TRAVELING
Using your five senses will help retain the indelible memories, adventures and sights you experience when you travel.
- Sight - Look for cultural, scenic, situational and beautiful images. Keep your camera ready and take many pictures.
- Sound - Listen to traditional music, look out for local musicians performing in restaurants, bars, sidewalks and concerts. CD's are always for sale.
- Touch - Touch and feel flowers, fruits, vegetables,foods, handcrafts, jewelry, clothing, fabrics and more when visiting markets, museums, local stores and places of interest. Touch before you buy.
- Taste - Experience local cuisine, order different local plates, ask about local dishes. Note the most delicious dishes, research their recipes and broaden your home menu.
- Smell - Our sense of smell is powerful, seldom fully utilized and often taken for granted. While on vacation be more aware of the many different and unusual smells and aromas you'll encounter.