SHARING VACATION INFORMATION AND PHOTOS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
What better way is there to tell the world you are on vacation and your home is empty?
- Don't publicly post and update your vacation information while you are on vacation
- Do not post your planned vacation plans before your departure.
- Don't share personal feelings publicly on social media.
- Don't show your actual location. Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to hide your IP address and location.
- Understand the dangers of free, unsecured and public WiFi which can easily be hacked.
- Limit access to your Facebook page to known friends and family only.
- Wait till you get home before posting travel pictures and experiences.