Trends are shaping new travel product offerings and the choice of products offered is driving new travel trends:
- Luxury and adventure travel suppliers are customizing classic European itineraries to feature interesting sites and places, not commonly known to every traveler
- Expedition cruise companies are also expanding their itineraries beyond the adventurous to more classic destinations, still with a similar sense of adventure, but with fewer participants.
- Traveler confidence in how political and safety issues are managed by suppliers, greatly influences the development of future luxury and adventure itinerary trends.
- The demographics of luxury and adventure travel were dominated by retirees with disposable income. That trend has changed to younger more affluent travelers who are still working, have businesses and obligations and must have continuous and secure WiFi access, to stay in contact while away from home.
- The complexity of arranging luxury and adventure travel by a travel agency provides huge value, especially to the younger traveler. The trend is they want guidance and a professional to take care of arrangements for them, because their time is too valuable to do it themselves.
- Travel agents are increasingly perceived as the only brokers who know the industry, know available products, can offer value and know how to match clients with the right product.